We used to be known as the Cerebral Palsy League, but now we’re CPL which stands for Choice, Passion and Life. We tailor our support services in homes, schools and communities to each client’s goals so they can live the life they choose with passion.
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Do you know your Papier Mache from your decoupage? Get your paintbrushes ready, we’ve got a volunteer role for you!
CPL's Ashgrove service is looking for a friendly, creative Art and Craft volunteer to join them every week and support clients to create art in various mediums. Put all your saved crafts on Pinterest to good use and get inspired with some amazing artists!
As the Art and Craft volunteer you will be:
- Supporting clients to create artworks in various mediums
- Encouraging clients be creative, participate in and enjoy artistic programmes
- Setting out and tidying away art materials
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients
- Encouraging and engaging clients to pursue and develop their skills in art
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
This volunteer role takes place on Mondays and Thursdays from 10am to 2pm. You can choose whether you would like to volunteer on both or just one of those days. The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.