Screech Arts Creative Arts Volunteers
Choice Passion Life (formerly known as the Cerebral Palsy League) is a non-profit organisation that provides vital support to more than 8,000 children and adults with disability. We work alongside our clients to help them achieve important life milestones.
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
We are building our amazing pool of volunteers who seek to share their creative skills and talents across Queensland!
Are you a born and bred performer? Do you fancy yourself as a thespian? Does performing arts make you ‘Screech’ with excitement? Do you love working behind the scenes ?
We are currently seeking passionate lovers of drama/music/film/theatre and much more to engage and encourage clients to participate in our Screech arts programs. Also if you are an excellent communicator and possess skills in occupational therapy, speech pathology or performance, or creative arts this is the opportunity for you!
Some thoughts from a past screech volunteer in Gladstone:
“Understanding people from all walks of life has always been a passion of mine, and when I began volunteering with Screech, not only did I have heaps of fun participating in a variety of drama activities but I gained skills in support work. Being able to interact and connect with others and be included in the Screech family, and yes it is definitely a family, was the cherry on top. I am incredibly fortunate and lucky to be helping others gain confidence…”
We’re seeking Mentors and Assistants in our Screech programs who can support:
- Friendly, professional encounters with clients.
- Participate in performance art Screech workshops alongside clients.
- Encourage clients to engage with theatre and related arts by building confidence and experience in drama together.
- Assist and contribute to the development of theatre productions and activities with the paid Screech Arts Facilitator.
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
- Leading and managing the screech program activities at the location – your role is to engage and inspire with your creative talents, skills and expertise!
Our Screech program will become available in the following locations: Cairns, Townsville, Rockhampton, Gladstone, Bundaberg, Gin Gin, Hervey Bay, Maryborough, Ashgrove, Aspley, Capalaba, Geebung, Maroochydore, Redcliffe, Booval, Mount Gravatt, Southport, Springfield and Toowoomba.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.