We used to be known as the Cerebral Palsy League, but now we’re CPL which stands for Choice, Passion and Life. We tailor our support services in homes, schools and communities to each client’s goals so they can live the life they choose with passion.
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Do you know how to bust a move? Would you describe yourself as a born and bred performer? Are you ready to get physical?
Screech Arts is a unique performing arts school specialising in accessible performing arts programs for people with a disability. with a focus on drama, music, dance and more! Follow this link to find out more about our amazing Screech Arts programme
We are currently looking for passionate lovers of physical theatre to engage and encourage clients to participate in our Friday evening Screech workshops at our CPL centre Casacades in Redcliffe. If you want to take your hobby further and have skills in the art of body language, this is the opportunity for you!
As the Screech Arts Assistant you will be:
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients.
- Participating in physical theatre/dance workshops, rehearsals and performances alongside clients.
- Encouraging clients to engage with theatre and related arts by building confidence and experience in physical theatre together.
- Assisting and contributing to the development of theatre productions and activities with the Screech Arts Facilitator.
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
This volunteer role will be from 4-6pm, every Friday for a minimum of 12 months and is based in Redcliffe.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.