We used to be known as the Cerebral Palsy League, but now we’re CPL which stands for Choice, Passion and Life. We tailor our support services in homes, schools and communities to each client’s goals so they can live the life they choose with passion.
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Are you passionate about creative writing? Do you spend your days dreaming up stories and writing blogs? Are you interested in different forms of communication?
CPL's Redcliffe service is looking for a friendly, creative person to volunteer as an assistant during their weekly communication group. The group is led by clients, who meet to express themselves creatively through writing.
*This is a wonderful opportunity to gain experience and skills in speech pathology. *
As the volunteer Communication Group assistant you will be:
- Setting up client’s communication equipment.
- Encouraging and engaging clients to explore ideas and experiences.
- Encouraging and engaging clients to express themselves creatively.
- Providing clients with constructive feedback relating to their work and supporting with edits.
- Assisting with light admin tasks such as emailing and photocopying of client’s work.
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
This volunteer role takes place between 10am and 12pm every Wednesday.
The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.