We used to be known as the Cerebral Palsy League, but now we’re CPL which stands for Choice, Passion and Life. We tailor our support services in homes, schools and communities to each client’s goals so they can live the life they choose with passion.
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Are you an octave above when it comes to music? You could be instrumental to our awesome music program!
CPL’s Hervey Bay service has got their ears pricked for the dulcet tones of a volunteer Music Mentor! If you have an unrivalled passion for all things musical, and are ready to share your vocal skills or talent in guitar and/or piano join our budding orchestra and volunteer every Monday from 10am to 2pm!
As the volunteer Music Mentor you will be:
- Helping the studio facilitator with the music program
- Teaching clients to sing and/or play the keyboard/guitar
- Encouraging and inspiring clients to pursue their musical abilities
- Sharing your musical talent and expertise with clients and staff
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers
This volunteer role will take place every Monday between 10.00 am and 2pm. The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.