We used to be known as the Cerebral Palsy League, but now we’re CPL which stands for Choice, Passion and Life. We tailor our support services in homes, schools and communities to each client’s goals so they can live the life they choose with passion.
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Do you know your way around a sewing machine? Do you want to add value to your community while doing the things you love?
CPL’s Ashgrove Service is looking for a passionate volunteer who would like to take their hobby to the next level and support artists with a disability to enjoy the art of sewing. Using fabrics and sewing equipment available at the service, you will encourage and engage clients to pursue their interest in sewing and create dresses, bags, pillow covers and much more!
If this sounds like your dream volunteer role, we would love you to get in touch and talk further about how you can volunteer your skill to add value to client’s lives!
As the volunteer Sewing Assistant you will be:
- Using your sewing skills to support clients in creating a variety of products using cut patterns and fabrics provided by CPL
- Using materials to create products with clients at CPL’s Ashgrove service
- Following the creative direction provided by clients and staff
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients
- Encouraging and engaging clients to pursue and develop their skills in art
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
This volunteer role will take place on Wednesdays and Fridays from 10am to 2pm. You can choose whether you would like to volunteer on both or just one of the days.
The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.