CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Do you know your Papier Mache from your decoupage? Get your paintbrushes ready, we’ve got a volunteer role for you!
CPL's Ballina service is looking for a friendly, creative Art and Craft volunteer to join them every week and take part alongside other keen crafters to create art in various mediums. Put all your saved projects on Pinterest to good use and get inspired with some amazing artists!
As the Art and Craft volunteer you will be:
- Supporting clients to create artworks in various mediums
- Encouraging clients be creative, participate in and enjoy artistic programmes
- Setting out and tidying away art materials
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients
- Encouraging and engaging clients to pursue and develop their skills in art
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
This volunteer role takes place on Mondays from 4pm to 5pm. The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.
All CPL volunteers and students on placement engaging alongside persons with a disability are required to provide CPL with a certificate of completion for the NDIS Worker Orientation Module, as requested by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission. There is no cost to complete this online training.