CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an
inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests.
We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team,
so we'd love to hear from you!
We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Get your paintbrushes ready, we’ve got a volunteer opportunity for you!
CPL’s Moorooka Service is looking for an experienced and friendly creative arts and crafts volunteer to connect with clients and create art in various mediums. Put all your saved crafts on Pinterest to good use and get inspired with some amazing artists!
As the Art and Craft volunteer you will be:
- Supporting clients to create artworks in various mediums
- Encouraging clients be creative, participate in and enjoy artistic programmes
- Setting out and tidying away art materials
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients
- Encouraging and engaging clients to pursue and develop their skills in art
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer opportunity based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.
All CPL volunteers and students on placement engaging alongside persons with a disability are required to provide CPL with a certificate of completion for the NDIS Worker Orientation Module, as requested by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission. There is no cost to complete this online training.