CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Do the performing arts make you ‘Screech’ with excitement?
Do you fancy yourself as a thespian? Perhaps your talents lie in the technical and you’re more of a backstage star? Whatever scene you’re in, we want to welcome you on (or behind) stage to share your sparkle and skills or experience in occupational therapy, speech pathology or musical, creative and performance arts with other drama lovers in your community!
To learn more about Screech Arts follow this link!
As volunteer Screech Arts Assistant you will be:
- Participating in performance art Screech workshops alongside clients
- Encouraging clients to engage with performing arts and related activities by building confidence and experience in drama together
- Encouraging and inspiring clients to pursue their performing arts interests
- Sharing your talent and expertise with clients and staff
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients
- Assisting and contributing to the development of theatre productions and activities alongside clients and the Screech Arts Facilitator
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
- Leading and managing the screech program activities at the location – your role is to engage and inspire with your creative talents, skills and expertise!
This volunteer opportunity takes place in Aspley on Tuesdays from 3pm to 4pm. We ask that you are able to commit a minimum of 12 months if you are interested in volunteering as a Screech Arts Assistant. The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL. You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.
All CPL volunteers and students on placement engaging alongside persons with a disability are required to provide CPL with a certificate of completion for the NDIS Worker Orientation Module, as requested by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission. There is no cost to complete this online training.