CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld.
Unleash your creative spirit, boost the self-confidence of others to express themselves at our fun and inclusive performing arts workshops at Cascade Place, Redcliffe!
Our unique Screech Arts programs are designed to empower people of all abilities. The program runs across four nine-week terms and will focus on the basics of drama, acting, creative movement, dance sequences and devising a performance. We produce thought provoking and innovative performances where participants share personal stories, feelings and their inner passions and desires.
Follow this link to find out more about our amazing Screech Arts programme
If you're available on Friday evenings and love the performance arts scene, interested in sharing your talents to encourage and inspire our Screech workshop participants - we'd love to hear from you!
As the Screech Arts Assistant you will be:
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients.
- Participating in physical theatre/dance workshops, rehearsals and performances alongside clients.
- Encouraging clients to engage with theatre and related arts by building confidence and experience in theatre together.
- Assisting and contributing to the development of theatre productions and activities with the Screech Arts Facilitator.
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
This wonderful volunteer opportunity needs you every Friday from 4-6pm, for a minimum of 12 months and is based in Redcliffe.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.
All CPL volunteers and students on placement engaging alongside persons with a disability are required to provide CPL with a certificate of completion for the NDIS Worker Orientation Module, as requested by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission. There is no cost to complete this online training.