CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Do you fancy yourself as a thespian?
Have you considered joining an actor's ensemble supporting people with a disability to find their expression in drama and dance?
Whatever scene you’re in, we want to welcome you on (or behind) stage to share your sparkle and skills or experience in musical, creative and performance arts with other drama and dance lovers in your community!
To learn more about Screech Arts follow this link!
As the volunteer Performing Arts (screech) Assistant you will be:
- Welcoming performers to the workshops
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients.
- Participating in physical theatre/dance workshops, rehearsals and performances alongside clients.
- Encouraging clients to engage with theatre and related arts by building confidence and experience in drama together.
- Assisting and contributing to the development of theatre productions and activities with the Screech Arts Facilitator.
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
- Leading and managing the screech program activities at the location – your role is to engage and inspire with your creative talents, skills and expertise!
This volunteer opportunity takes place at Geebung every Saturday from 9.30am - 4.30pm. We ask that you commit a minimum of 6 months to the volunteer Screech Arts Assistant opportunity.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.
All CPL volunteers and students on placement engaging alongside persons with a disability are required to provide CPL with a certificate of completion for the NDIS Worker Orientation Module, as requested by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission. There is no cost to complete this online training.