CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Take to the stage with Screech Arts!
We're looking for passionate lovers of drama to engage and encourage clients under the age of 18 to shine on stage weekly at the Screech Arts Aspley after school club! If you are an excellent communicator and possess skills in occupational therapy, speech pathology or performance arts, this is the opportunity for you!
As the Screech Arts Assistant you will be:
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients.
- Participating in drama workshops, rehearsals and performances alongside clients.
- Assisting clients with use of communications devices.
- Encouraging clients to engage with theatre and related arts by building confidence and experience in drama together.
- Assisting and contributing to the development of theatre productions and activities with the Screech Arts Facilitator.
You will not be responsible for: Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
This volunteer opportunity takes place in Aspley every Tuesday from 3pm to 4pm, for a minimum of 12 months.
The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.