CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Are you looking for the perfect opportunity to stir up your Thursday evenings?
CPL Labrador is looking for a sociable chatterbox to join them on Thursdays for a weekly evening of fun, food and friends! As part of the Deck’s Women’s Group you will be volunteering your passion for dinner parties with local women in your community. If you love the sound of preparing, and then enjoying the fruits of your labour with a generous helping of great conversation, express your interest today!
As the Social Companion – Women’s Group you will be:
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients.
- Encouraging clients to participate in and enjoy centre activities.
- Encouraging and engaging clients to pursue and develop their hobby/interests.
- Helping cook dinner, not limited to set up and clean-up of activity.
- Assisting with the facilitation of centre based activities where reasonable.
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
Please note that we are looking for female volunteers to take part in this programme.
This volunteer role will take place on Thursdays, from 5pm to 8pm. You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers. CPL will assist you to apply for this criminal history check, which is free to volunteers.