CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Are you in a Saturday rut? Shake off that weekend boredom and say Heyo to a new volunteer role at CPL!
Stop thinking about what you could be doing on the weekend, and start doing it! Join us every Saturday and encourage and engage children with a disability to have fun during our community activities programme – Heyo! Get involved with a variety of arts and crafts, sports activities and community outings including beach days, wind chime making and nature play!
As a Social Companion – Heyo Programme you will be:
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with children.
- Encouraging clients to participate in and enjoy community and centre based activities.
- Encouraging and engaging clients to pursue and develop their hobby/interests.
- Assisting with the facilitation of centre based activities where reasonable.
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
This volunteer role takes place every Saturday from 1pm to 3pm at a variety of locations in Cairns. The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.