CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Looking for a volunteer opportunity for AUSLAN speakers? It must be a sign!
Are you one of the many Queenslanders who sign in either AUSLAN or Makaton? Do you love a good giggle and a chinwag? Join us as a volunteer social companion at CPL’s Gladstone service and do what you do best; use your language skills to converse with other chatterboxes, while contributing to an inclusive community for all people!
As Social Companion – AUSLAN you will be:
- Interacting with clients using AUSLAN and/or Makaton
- Providing interpretation of AUSLAN and/or Makaton to facilitate communication between clients and staff
- Mentoring staff to increase their knowledge of basic AUSLAN and/or Makaton signs
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients
- Encouraging and engaging clients to pursue and participate in their hobbies and interests
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
This volunteer role will take place for one or two hours per week on a day convenient to you (Monday-Friday). The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.
All CPL volunteers and students on placement engaging alongside persons with a disability are required to provide CPL with a certificate of completion for the NDIS Worker Orientation Module, as requested by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission. There is no cost to complete this online training.