CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Satisfy your sweet tooth and rise to the occasion as a volunteer in our baking program!
CPL’s Ashgrove service is looking for a passionate and confident baker to volunteer alongside other cake lovers and share their skills and interest in all things dessert! Join us as we explore the tasty realms of pastries, breads, cakes and more in our weekly bake off!
As the Social Companion - Baking volunteer you will be:
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients
- Encouraging clients to participate in making various baked goods
- Encouraging and engaging clients to pursue and develop their interest in baking
- Assisting with the facilitation of related activities where reasonable
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
This volunteer role will take place on Wednesdays from 1pm to 3pm. The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.