CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Does the thought of cooking up a storm get your taste buds tingling? Get your apron on we have a delicious opportunity for you!
CPL’s Hervey Bay service is looking for a passionate and confident cook to volunteer alongside other budding master chefs in their pursuit for scrumptiousness! Join us every week as we chop, mix, fry and (most importantly) eat a variety of different delicious recipes. Meet new people and share your passion for the culinary arts with foodies in your community!
As the Social Companion – Cooking Program you will be:
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients
- Encouraging clients to participate in cooking a variety of dishes
- Encouraging and engaging clients to pursue and develop their interest in cooking
- Assisting with the facilitation of related activities where reasonable
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
This volunteer role will take place on Fridays from 10am to 12pm. The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.