CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
We Nintendo make this the volunteer opportunity the one you choose!
You can’t get bored of Cluedo, you can’t get enough of Uno and you’re ahead of the race in Super Mario? Yes, we know we’ve just described you perfectly, that’s because we’ve been waiting for YOU to come and share your love for fun with other game loving fun folk in your community! Volunteer with CPL’s Toowoomba service each week, it’s so much better when it’s a 2+ player game!
As the Social Companion – Games volunteer you will be:
- Encouraging and engaging clients to take part in a variety of board, card and other games
- Mentoring clients to learn new games
- Encouraging and engaging clients enjoy social interactions with others
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients
- Assisting with the facilitation of related activities where reasonable
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
This volunteer opportunity takes place at CPL’s Toowoomba service and is available at a time that suits your schedule, Monday to Friday. When you're free, we'll welcome you! You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.
All CPL volunteers and students on placement engaging alongside persons with a disability are required to provide CPL with a certificate of completion for the NDIS Worker Orientation Module, as requested by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission. There is no cost to complete this online training.