CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests.
We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
You say potato, we say join us as a volunteer Green Thumb!
Organic, fresh, seasonal; the grow your own trifecta - we all know things taste better when they come from your own back yard! If you’re an enthusiastic gardener with a passion for producing your own fruit and veggies, we think you’ll want to take a bite out of this CPL volunteer role! Join us as a volunteer at our CPL Rockhampton service and give yourself a big Green Thumbs up!
As the Social Companion – Green Thumb you will be:
- In consultation with clients and staff, advising on creative direction in the gardens including; designing and planting raised garden beds.
- Mentoring clients and staff on the upkeep of the garden and supporting gardening activities.
- Planting and growing plants, seasonal fruit and veg with clients.
- Encouraging and engaging clients to harvest vegetables/fruit grown in garden.
- Conducting friendly and professional encounters with clients.
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
This volunteer opportunity is available any afternoon that suits you! The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.
All CPL volunteers and students on placement engaging alongside persons with a disability are required to provide CPL with a certificate of completion for the NDIS Worker Orientation Module, as requested by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission. There is no cost to complete this online training.