CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Volunteer with our home cooks and add some flavour to your week!
Does preparing and sharing a perfectly layered lasagne with other people sound like the perfect way to enjoy your time? CPL’s Hervey Bay clients are looking for a confident home cook with an adventurous taste in food to volunteer alongside them in their pursuit for scrumptiousness! Join us every week as we try a variety of tasty recipes, test our master chef skills and share delicious food together.
As the Social Companion – Hobby Cook you will be:
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients
- Encouraging clients to participate in cooking a variety of dishes
- Encouraging and engaging clients to pursue and develop their interest in cooking
- Exploring and researching recipes alongside clients to cook and enjoy together
- Assisting with the facilitation of related activities where reasonable
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
This volunteer role will take place at a CPL client home in Hervey Bay on a weekday of your choice, from 10am to 12pm. The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.