CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Take your headphones off, turn up the speakers and get ready to press play on your toe tapping new volunteer role!
What’s your favourite genre of music? Are you a Rap fan? Perhaps you’re the Classical kind? Does Pop rock your socks? Whatever your jam is we want you to share it with other music fans! Join us as a Social Companion at CPL’s Ballina service, and get in tune with young people who share your passion with all things musical!
As the volunteer Social Companion – Music Fan you will be:
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients
- Engaging in social activities with clients, centred around a mutual interest in music
- Recommending and listening to music based on shared tastes
- Sharing your skills and passion in playing a musical instrument with clients
- Encouraging and engaging clients to pursue and develop their hobby/interests in music
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
This volunteer role will be on Tuesdays between 4pm and 5pm. The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.
All CPL volunteers and students on placement engaging alongside persons with a disability are required to provide CPL with a certificate of completion for the NDIS Worker Orientation Module, as requested by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission. There is no cost to complete this online training.