CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it's like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Get ready to tune that guitar and strum your way to a new volunteer role!
What's your favourite genre of music? Are you a Rap fan? Perhaps you're the Classical kind? Does Pop rock your socks? Whatever your jam, is we want you to bring along your guitar and share it with other music fans! Join us as a Social Companion in Rockhampton, and get in tune with a young person who shares your passion with all things musical!
As the volunteer Social Companion - Music Fan you will be:
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with a client
- Engaging in social activities with a client, centred around a mutual interest in music
- Recommending and listening to music based on shared tastes
- Sharing your skills and passion in playing guitar with a client
- Encouraging and engaging a client to pursue and develop their hobby/interests in music
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
This volunteer role take place for one hour on either Wednesdays between 1pm and 7pm or Thursday from 9am to 10am. The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.
All CPL volunteers and students on placement engaging alongside persons with a disability are required to provide CPL with a certificate of completion for the NDIS Worker Orientation Module, as requested by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission. There is no cost to complete this online training.