CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Are you a social butterfly? Do you enjoy good company and outings with friends? Connect with others in your community!
Are you bored of doing the same old, same old, week in, week out? Would you like to get 'out and about' with others interested in connecting to their local community? Join us as we enjoy all that Brisbane has to offer! Art galleries, museums, local parks and community events. We can't wait to welcome you!
As the ‘Out and About’ social companion, you will be:
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients.
- Encouraging clients to participate in and enjoy events and activities in the community.
- Encouraging and engaging clients to pursue and develop their hobby/interests.
- Assisting with the facilitation of events and activities where reasonable.
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
This volunteer role will take place around Ashgrove and other locations in the Brisbane City, every Monday from 10am - 2.30pm. The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.