CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Can you believe? A labradorable volunteer opportunity that you can share with your best friend!
Does your dachshund dig helping you find friends? Has your corgi met it’s cuddle quota? No we didn’t think so – after all a pug can never give too many hugs! Join us with your fluffy, friendly, furry friend at our CPL Ballina aged care respite centre, as a Social Companion – Pet Visitor and share the joyful company of dogs with local people in your community.
As the Social Companion – Pet Visitor you will be:
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients.
- Sharing the companionship of your pets with clients.
- Encouraging and engaging clients to pursue and develop their hobby/interests, and enjoy social encounters.
- Lifting pets on and off of beds and other surfaces to allow interaction between the clients and your pet.
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
About your furry friend
- Pets will be of a gentle nature to enjoy cuddles on a bed or other like surface with clients
- Pets must be wormed
This volunteer opportunity will take place in Ballina on any day of the week TBC. The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold a valid WWCC.
All CPL volunteers and students on placement engaging alongside persons with a disability are required to provide CPL with a certificate of completion for the NDIS Worker Orientation Module, as requested by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission. There is no cost to complete this online training.