CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Share your love for the environment and make an impact in your community!
The conversation around environmental impact never ends... at least not for our resident green champion! Share your passion and knowledge of sustainable practices with a CPL client who has a keen interest in recycling and green activities. Do more than your little bit, join us weekly and make an impact in your community, and to the environment!
As the Social Companion – Recycling Pro you will be:
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with a client
- Engaging in social activities with a client, centred around mutual interests
- Sharing your skills and passion in sustainable activities with a client
- Supporting a client to document a recycling programme on PowerPoint
- Encouraging and engaging a client to pursue and develop their hobby/interests
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
This volunteer role will take place at CPL’s Capalaba service on a weekday of your choice (excluding Wednesdays) from 10am to 12pm. The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.
All CPL volunteers and students on placement engaging alongside persons with a disability are required to provide CPL with a certificate of completion for the NDIS Worker Orientation Module, as requested by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission. There is no cost to complete this online training.