CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it's like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
We've started the vinyl countdown to your perfect volunteer role!
What's your favourite genre of music? More importantly how do you like to listen to music? If you are a male with a great sense of humour who loves that little crackle and zzzzip when the needle hits a record, we want you to join us and share your interest in music with a CPL client who is passionate about vinyl records!
As the volunteer Social Companion - Vinyl Record Fan you will be:
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with a client
- Engaging in social activities with a client, centred around a mutual interest in music
- Recommending and listening to music based on shared tastes
- Sharing your skills and passion in playing vinyl records with a client
- Encouraging and engaging a client to pursue and develop their hobby/interests in music
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
This volunteer role is located in Rockhampton and takes place for 1 hour per week on a day that suits you (Monday-Friday) at a set time between 9am and 1pm on your chosen day. The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.
All CPL volunteers and students on placement engaging alongside persons with a disability are required to provide CPL with a certificate of completion for the NDIS Worker Orientation Module, as requested by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission. There is no cost to complete this online training.