CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Ding, ding, ding! You could be the champion of this knock out volunteer opportunity!
Are your family and friends bored of hearing you list off Hulk Hogan’s signature moves? Can’t find anyone to share post match blow by blow analysis with? It's time to meet your match and double down on your ideal volunteer opportunity! Make an entrance in your community and join us ringside as a volunteer social companion – WWE fan and share your passion for all things pro wrestling with another super fan!
As the volunteer Social Companion – WWE Fan you will be:
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with a client
- Engaging in social activities with a client, centred around a mutual interest in pro wrestling
- Watching/listening to pro wrestling tournaments with a client
- Sharing your knowledge and passion in pro wrestling with a client
- Encouraging and engaging a client to pursue and develop their hobby/interests
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
This volunteer role is located in Ballina and takes place on a weekday TBC, at a set time for 2 hours on your chosen day. The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold a valid WWCC.
All CPL volunteers and students on placement engaging alongside persons with a disability are required to provide CPL with a certificate of completion for the NDIS Worker Orientation Module, as requested by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission. There is no cost to complete this online training.