CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Steaks on a Saturday? Don’t mind if we do! Join us as a Social Companion on weekly trips to the RSL!
Finding yourself with some spare time on a Saturday? Do you enjoy the simple pleasures in life, like sharing meals with friends and getting to know new people? If you’ve been waiting for a volunteer opportunity that you can take part in over the weekend, join us as a volunteer social companion in Maryborough and get involved in your local community!
As the Social Dining Companion, you will be:
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients.
- Encouraging and engaging clients to participate in social connections within their community, at the RSL club.
- Encouraging and engaging clients to pursue and develop their hobby/interests.
- Assisting with the facilitation of events and activities where reasonable.
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
This volunteer role take place on Saturdays from 5pm to 8pm. The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer opportunity based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role and the cost of your own meal.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.