CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Know your foreground from your background; your stipples from your scumbles?
Bring your art strokes to our service and share your talents with our team!
In the words of Van Gogh: teach us to see - as an artist! This is a thrilling opportunity for you to share your visual arts skills as a volunteer mentor. Take your hobby to the next level, or compliment your professional experience by joining us as a Volunteer Visual Arts Mentor and share your passion and skill in visual arts with other keen visual artists. Inspire people in your community to pursue their interests, using equipment provided by CPL!
As the volunteer visual arts mentor you will be:
- Demonstrating and mentoring clients in the various aspects of visual arts
- Demonstrating different techniques (utilising resources available at the centre)
- Assisting clients to produce their unique style of visual art
- Sharing your talent and expertise with staff to allow for ongoing projects
- Encouraging and engaging clients to pursue and develop their hobby/interests
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients
- Carrying out other reasonable tasks to contribute to the programme
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers
This volunteer opportunity will take place on Tuesdays from 10am - 1pm at our Hervey Bay service. The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.