CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Are you a wordsmith looking for the write volunteer opportunity? It's here at CPL!
Have you ever heard the saying; everyone has a book in them? At CPL’s Redcliffe service we’ve got books, poems, essays and more in us! Join us every week as a volunteer communication group assistant and get the creative juices flowing alongside writers in your community. This is a wonderful opportunity to gain experience and skills in speech pathology, or for people passionate about all forms of written communication!
As the volunteer Communication Group assistant you will be:
- Setting up client’s communication equipment.
- Encouraging and engaging clients to explore ideas and experiences.
- Encouraging and engaging clients to express themselves creatively.
- Providing clients with constructive feedback relating to their work and supporting with edits.
- Assisting with light admin tasks such as emailing and photocopying of client’s work.
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
This volunteer opportunity takes place at CPL’s Redcliffe service, Cascades Place, between 10am and 12pm every Wednesday.
The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL. You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.
All CPL volunteers and students on placement engaging alongside persons with a disability are required to provide CPL with a certificate of completion for the NDIS Worker Orientation Module, as requested by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission. There is no cost to complete this online training.