CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Can you feel it in the air? A volunteer opportunity fit for a rock star!
A one, a two, a one, two, three, four! Set the tone and get into rhythm with other keen musicians in your community – join us every Tuesday as a volunteer Drumming Mentor and share your talent and skills in playing drums! What are you waiting for? Pick up your drumsticks, pack up you bongos and polish your cymbals, you’re no longer going solo with your drums!
As the volunteer Drumming Mentor you will be:
- Supporting the studio facilitator with the music program
- Teaching clients how to play the drums
- Encouraging and inspiring clients to pursue their musical interests
- Sharing your musical talent and expertise with clients and staff
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers
This volunteer role will take place at the Kentwell Community Centre every Tuesday, between 2pm and 3pm (adults) OR 4pm and 5pm (children). You are of course welcome to volunteer for both activities if you choose. The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold a valid NSW Working with Children Check (WWCC).