CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Are you a musical maestro looking for an opportunity to perform live in front of a crowd?
If you’re ready to take your musical ambitions to the next stage, why not make it our stage! Join us in welcoming in the weekend, and give us those Friday feels by serenading CPL’s Hervey Bay service with your instrumental talents!
As the volunteer Musician you will be:
- Playing musical instrument/s at the CPL service
- Encouraging and inspiring clients to pursue their interest in music
- Responding to client’s music requests
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers.
This volunteer role will take place at Hervey Bay on Fridays from 2pm to 3.30pm. The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.