CPL Volunteers contribute to our mission of an inclusive society for all people; extending social connections with clients, reducing social isolation; and enhancing CPL services by sharing skills, time and mutual interests. We are always looking for volunteers to come and join our team, so we'd love to hear from you!
Would you like to know what it’s like to volunteer at CPL? Check out some of the wonderful stories shared by our talented team of volunteers across Qld. We have volunteer roles in companionship, sport, administration and much more!
Say cheese! Share your love of photography with other artists in your community!
If a picture is worth a thousand words, this volunteer opportunity must be worth a thousand pictures! Take your hobby to the next level, or compliment your professional experience by joining us as a Volunteer Photography mentor and share your passion and skill in photography with other keen visual artists. Inspire people in your community to pursue their interests, using photography equipment provided by CPL!
As the volunteer photography mentor you will be:
- Demonstrating and mentoring clients in the various aspects of photography
- Demonstrating different camera techniques (utilising cameras available at CPL)
- Assisting clients to produce photographs
- Sharing your talent and expertise with staff to allow for ongoing projects
- Encouraging and engaging clients to pursue and develop their hobby/interests
- Conducting friendly, professional encounters with clients
- Carrying out other reasonable tasks to contribute to the programme
You will not be responsible for:
- Any personal support; e.g. manual handling, personal care, administration of medication or meal assistance. These activities will be carried out by qualified support workers
This volunteer role will take place at CPL’s Gladstone service on Wednesdays from 9am to 12pm. The volunteer and CPL will regularly review this volunteer role based on the capacity of the volunteer to assist on an ongoing basis and the needs of CPL.
You will be responsible for organising your transport to and from the location of this CPL role.
Make a difference and support people with a disability to live the life they choose!
Please note, at CPL all staff and volunteers must hold either a valid Blue Card with Yellow Card Exemption or a Yellow Card. CPL will assist you to apply for these cards which are free for volunteers.
All CPL volunteers and students on placement engaging alongside persons with a disability are required to provide CPL with a certificate of completion for the NDIS Worker Orientation Module, as requested by the NDIS Quality and Safeguards Commission. There is no cost to complete this online training.